• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrjonesDW3d

gmax -> .x

This topic is 6148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone found a nice easy way to do this? Just for simple models w/o animation. The best i''ve found is to use gmax to create it, then open the gmax file in tempest (quake 3 gmax) then export it as an .md3, then use 3d exploration to turn it into a .md3 to .x. There are a lot of steps here and a few models i tried (complex) came out a little wierd. Anyone find an easier way? Thanks! Dr. Jones

Advertisement
I don''t use gmax but u could export it to a .md3 and then comvert it to a .3ds and then use the directx utility conv3ds to convert it to a x file.

I have the same problem of you Dr Jones.
It would be nice to have an x file exporter from this (any one at microsoft want to write one please - we cant all afford the full 3ds max!)

Neil

Guest Anonymous Poster
Discreet don''t allow non-game package plugins to be developed (if you did you''d be in breach of the license). It''s a dodgy way of getting games companies to pay the extortiate license fees.

Basically, a .x export will never appear unless a games company includes .x file exporting in they''r game pack (not likely).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!