Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gmax -> .x

This topic is 5898 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone found a nice easy way to do this? Just for simple models w/o animation. The best i''ve found is to use gmax to create it, then open the gmax file in tempest (quake 3 gmax) then export it as an .md3, then use 3d exploration to turn it into a .md3 to .x. There are a lot of steps here and a few models i tried (complex) came out a little wierd. Anyone find an easier way? Thanks! Dr. Jones

I don''t use gmax but u could export it to a .md3 and then comvert it to a .3ds and then use the directx utility conv3ds to convert it to a x file.

I have the same problem of you Dr Jones.
It would be nice to have an x file exporter from this (any one at microsoft want to write one please - we cant all afford the full 3ds max!)

Neil

Guest Anonymous Poster
Discreet don''t allow non-game package plugins to be developed (if you did you''d be in breach of the license). It''s a dodgy way of getting games companies to pay the extortiate license fees.

Basically, a .x export will never appear unless a games company includes .x file exporting in they''r game pack (not likely).