• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vanduyse

Help finding a game designer

This topic is 845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,  

We are just over our head and need help.  

My business partner and I started this mobile game development company 2 years ago and have done quite well on some levels: we have over 50+ games on Google Play that are all in the same genre/style (single player FPS) and we are getting lots of downloads (2,041,000 per month average).  We have built a good development team and production team. We have successfully started multiple businesses. This is all good but the bad part is that we are not game people, we have so much to do to improve the monetization of the games (currently monetizing with ads). We do not have the experience or expertise to be game designers...

We want to funnel all our single player games through a RPG/leveling-up system into a multi-player fps game for increased retention and monetization.

So where do we go from here... we have 2 choices sell the business or find expertise and we think we need to have a good game designer to lead the dev team.

Any thought?  How do you find a good game designer?

Edited by vanduyse

Advertisement

Game designers don't lead development teams. Did your development team tell you that's what game designers do? 

Also, you wrongly posted this in the Job Advice board. You don't need advice about how to get a job.

This is most likely a managerial question or maybe a business question. Moving the discussion accordingly. 

I'm not sure you need a game designer. For sure you need a monetization manager. Maybe you need both. You ought to be able to afford both, given the success of the business that you described. You should place paid job ads on Gamasutra and Creative Heads, maybe more paid job sites too. And you should start networking, going to game conferences and trade shows.

Edit: advertise for a monetization designer, too.

Edited by Tom Sloper

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!