• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gykonik

CEGUI Display content nicely

This topic is 844 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, 

I have a FrameWindow with a DefaultWindow as a child. The DefaultWindow contains static text and there is my problem.

I want the static text like a table without a border...

E.G.

Content                   Content description
Content2                  Content starts at the same position
Content3                  And this should also

It should look like this, but because I add spaces in between the two column and the letters of my font don't have all the same size, it look a bit shifted...

Like this:

Content              test

content2!            test2

Contenti1           test4

Now my question is:

Is there a way, how to say CEGUI inline, that the text should start at e.g. 30% of the window or something like this?

Here is my code:

R"(
	[font='DejaVuSans-10 - Bold']Shortcuts[font='DejaVuSans-10']
	Pfeiltaste nach links / rechts:                     Breite des Blockes verändern 
	Pfeiltaste nach oben / unten:	                     Höhe des Blockes verändern
	Q / E:                                                       Den Block drehen
	Rechte Maustaste / Shift + Pfeiltasten:       Sichtfeld bewegen 
	Shift + +/-:                                               Zoom
	Strg + d:                                                  Debug Modus an- / ausschalten
	Strg + Pfeiltaste nach oben / unten:          Todeslinie anpassen (wenn Debugmodus an ist)
	1-4:                                                         Zwischen den Objekten wechseln
	8-9:                                                         Zwischen den Modi wechseln
	Pfeiltaste nach oben / unten + r/g/b/a:       Farbe & Intensität verändern
	Esc:                                                         Objekt löschen, sofern eines ausgewählt wurde (Im Testmodus: Abbruch)
");

This is, how I setup the text. As you can tell in the code it looks really ugly, but in the actual game it looks like the second example from the top.

Is there a way, how I can give the second column a fixed position or something like this?

I know, that I could do 2 static texts and adjust there positions, but I can't do it, because the text is really long, has a scrollbar, etc...

Thank you in advance :)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!