Framework Similar to Ejecta, but for Windows?

Started by
0 comments, last by Spidi 8 years ago

Ejecta basically let's you use the HTML 5 canvas element and that's it. Which is nice for mobile devices and extremely lightweight and very fast. It's only for IOS AFAIK.

I was curious if there was something like this for Window's apps? Electron / NW.js are using the chromium wrapper and unfortunately there is an issue with RAF so I am trying to find something else.

I'm basically looking for something that let's you run a HTML 5 canvas inside a window/app. It could be either done natively (like Ejecta) or use some wrapper.

Advertisement

Not perfectly the same or similar, but there are a bunch of technologies, apps, frameworks etc... which can bundle an html5 game into a native app using some kind of wrapper.

Here's a good looking list I found: http://www.gamepix.com/blog/the-best-wrappers-to-build-native-apps-from-html5-games/

Disclaimer: I haven't used any of those (nor Ejecta) before. My only prior (and really small) experience with javascript so far is web client side scripting and node.js but I don't know if node could help you out (maybe :unsure: ?!).

Edit:
Sry, I missed the point, that node-webkit is no-go :o, I hope something on that list still could help you out :(...

Br.

Blog | Overburdened | KREEP | Memorynth | @blindmessiah777 Magic Item Tech+30% Enhanced GameDev

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement