Help Choosing Ad Network - Google Play

Started by
4 comments, last by AdoreGames 8 years ago

Hello, I am about to release a game next month on Google Play.

Having no previous experience with Ad Networks, I want to make the right choice on which should I choose.

I'm developing the game on Game Maker Studio.

So here are the available ad networks for my game.

• MoPub
  • AdMob
  • Milennial Media
  • AdColony
  • Playhaven

The goal is to maximase the revenue of course.

I have heard that certain ad networks do a better job on specific type of apps. (Don't know if it's a myth :P )

My game is going to be a puzzle game with many levels. I want to focus more on CPM revenue than IPA revenue.

So anyone who can help me out to choose what's best for me?

I hope I have given you enough information to help me!

Thanks in advance!

Failure is not an option...

Advertisement

Are those advertisers, or are they ad services (ad aggregators)? A game doesn't need to have just one advertiser, does it?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

No, it can have more than one.

But I don't want to fill my game with many advertisers (1-2 are enough I believe).

I think I should start using only 1 first then maybe use 2.

I want to know what are the main differences between these advertisers and what are the cons and pros of each.

I think I should start using only 1 first then maybe use 2.

If you want to waste some money, then ok, take blindly one advertiser. Otherwise, if you really want to optimize your earnings, just do like every profitable mobile games.
Implement as much ads sdk as you can, and with the mediation, automatically take the network who brings the most.
Take a look at Crossy Roads, or even ketchapp games, they are using Admob, Chartboost, InMobi, Unity Ads, AdColony, AppLovin, Vungle, Supersonic, Fyber ...

Yeah, as it seems most games have around 4-5 ad networks working on their game. Could you help meundesrtand what mediation actually is?

Is it the process when your app calls for an Ad and if the first Network doesn't respond, you go for the next one and so on? Like giving a priority order to your Ad networks?

Thanks!

I thinks we should you here the term 'mediation' not 'meditation' :)

There're certain ad companies, that has one SDK for several ad providers. So, you can have ads from several ad companies in one place - you game.

But sometimes it's really hard to analyse the data for frauds and misclicks when you game has several advertising networks.

Answering your initial post, I'd suggest AdColony and Admob

Adoregames.com | Follow us on Twitter 

Currently operating a hidden object game in a team of 7.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement