• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jikoriko

Wedge product / exterior product

This topic is 980 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am currently trying to implement an ear clipping algorithm using this as reference: http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/graphics-programming-and-theory/polygon-triangulation-r3334

Concave polygons without holes are what I aiming to achieve in triangulating, and the most of the sudo code is pretty straight forward, my issue is that I have no idea how to calculate the wedge product mentioned, after lots of googling all I can really find is long academic papers on exterior algebra that mention an "exterior product" sometimes refered to as a "wedge product", and I have no idea to compose those mental mathematical formulas.

if anyone could help me with this I will be forever in your gratitude.

Advertisement

Thanks for the reply,

I have managed to get it working with that formula, and thanks again for sharing that pdf, it may come in handy at somepoint down the line.

Kind Regards, Jikoriko.

Why is it called the wedge product? Because of the quadrilateral that it forms?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!