Game concept

Started by
11 comments, last by programad 8 years ago

Hi.

I just want to show you guys the first concept for a new game. Can you guys guess anything about the game just looking at the concept art?

mvT9iec.jpg

P.S.: I am not an visual artist, I am a coder (and I think the code I write is art too).This image is not the most beautiful art in the world and I am well aware of that :D

Advertisement
It's for children.
It takes place in a rural area.
It involves jumping.
It might be in the wrong forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

To me it looks like a farming game, set on a distant world.

I also think that the game is about run and jump.

Wait, wait, let me guess.

Shooter McGuy is a grizzled veteran of the Ubiquitous Space Marines, Shooting Division. Aliens have invaded! Shooter must don his space suit and do what he does best in order to save the galaxy. After years in retirement he must attempt to match up at least 3 of the same color of gem in a row, in order to destroy those gems and make room for the ever-falling cascade of gems from above. He can destroy special gems in order to gain access to combos and score additional points.

No, wait. I think it's more like this: Blink is a young boy from the far-off mystical land of Spherule. One day, his uncle gives him a sword and, with his dying breath, pulls the young boy closer and says, "Blink. You must go forth and save the land. You can do so by collecting cards that grant your units powerful attacks and spells, but you can only move 12 times per day. But Blink, there is a secret! If you pull up the Shop screen, and enter your dad's credit card number, you can purchase Droopies that allow you to extend your daily turn limit beyond 12. Blink, to save the kingdom, you NEED MORE DROOPIES!."

Although, when I see the road with the fence, I think it might be more like: Cleve is a miner, lost in a hostile world of block-shaped chunks of stone and dirt, cows made out of cubes, and a layer of burning hot lava lurking deep below. In order to survive, Cleve must delve and craft. And craft, and craft some more. He must grind 4000 linen bandages, gathering the cloth from an unending supply of mobs haunting the Cubic Castle ruins. He must gather 36 piles of steaming spider guts to make Red-rash Goulash. And if he raises his Tailoring skill high enough, he can even craft a frozen-weave burlap sack of glamour to wear on raids.

Shooter McGuy is a grizzled veteran of the Ubiquitous Space Marines, Shooting Division. Aliens have invaded! Shooter must don his space suit and do what he does best in order to save the galaxy. After years in retirement he must attempt to match up at least 3 of the same color of gem in a row, in order to destroy those gems and make room for the ever-falling cascade of gems from above. He can destroy special gems in order to gain access to combos and score additional points.

I admit, I would play this.

It's for children.
It takes place in a rural area.
It involves jumping.
It might be in the wrong forum.

I wish i could give this +10... seriously

Well, I love @JTippetts creativity. I want to play his games :D

Tom, you only got one thing wrong, the game is not for children. You are right (probably) about the other ones :)

Could a moderator please move this post to the correct forum if this post is misplaced?

Another piece of information, I am calling the game "Piece of Sheep". I need some time to draft the sheeps and start coding the prototype this weekend. More info to come.

Artwork looks good to me.

The name is catchy.

If you want to get us updated, how about writing a journal on GameDev.net > Community > Developer Journals > Create New Journal

Artwork looks good to me.

The name is catchy.

If you want to get us updated, how about writing a journal on GameDev.net > Community > Developer Journals > Create New Journal

Seems like a good idea. How journals work? Can you briefly explain or point me to a post explaining it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement