• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gf11speed

Visual C++ problem or what?

This topic is 6086 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering why my compiler (Visual C++ 6.0) changes screen resolution and goes into a dos window while I compile. This annoying if you know what I mean. Is this normal? How can I fix it? Thanks! *==================* www.syntasoft.com *==================*

Advertisement
Here''s a little tip (I''m tired, so I might be grumpy): it''s your fault. It''s always your fault. And when it''s not your fault, you''ll have the experience to know. Until then, it''s your fault.

Now, that said, I''m 100% sure that VC does not "switch resolutions" or "go into a DOS window" when you compile. What is happening is that you are compile a Windows Console application (the default project type). When you try to execute such a program, Windows allocates a console for your program to run in. If you want graphical controls, look into the Win32 API.

Oh, and RTFM.

Ahh, actually your wrong. I have been working on this project for while now, and it hasn''t done this before. Its not a DOS application, its a windows DirectX application. Visual C++ compiles the program in a dos window with a blank screen, and then when its finished compiling, BEFORE it runs the program, it goes back to windows.

*==================*
www.syntasoft.com
*==================*

You might have set your display options for your command shell to be full-screen instead of windowed, although I don''t recall my MSVC ever using a DOS window to do its compiling. I definitely don''t see an option to do it. What pops up in the dos window? Maybe you have a pre-build or post-build batch file? I thought that output was routed to the output window of MSVC, though. That''s a bizarre problem.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!