Game Maker: Studio-Mac or PC

Started by
4 comments, last by Khaiy 8 years ago

I plan to make a game using the program on Steam Game Maker: Studio. Although I don't know whether I should use a Mac or a PC during the time I am programming the game. Would there be a difference? If so what would they be?

Advertisement

My advice: Do not buy gamemaker from steam. We had A LOT of problems with that in the past. YOYO has an automatic update system and the steam-version of gamemaker had a lot of problems with this.

Beside this, answering you main question... we're using the PC version but not sure if there is any difference between that version and the MAC version.

cheers!

I also don't recommend buying the steam version for the same reasons. (You can use the beta release of the normal one though by logging in from your email account)

Personally I'm using the PC version without any problems. I don't have any experience with Mac so far.

If Mac is faster than your PC with windows get the Mac version. Otherwise get the Windows one.

The faster the PC, the easier it will be for you to develop a game.

http://www.yoyogames.com/get here you can get Game Maker.

Failure is not an option...

I like GM:Studio, the steam version is only nice if you need your tools on another computer and not having to remember licenses. But I prefer the standalone windows edition, mostly because of my export options to Android sometimes gets messed up in the steam version, I just use steam for just doing a quick change and when not near my development computers. I'm not certain what differences there would be between the two OS versions though. I would assume there really isn't much of a difference other than maybe testing iOS features easier with some of mac's developer tools.

My advice: Do not buy gamemaker from steam. We had A LOT of problems with that in the past. YOYO has an automatic update system and the steam-version of gamemaker had a lot of problems with this.

I wish someone told me that 4 months ago :(

(ugh, why did you people take away Selective Quoting. Ugh, I tell you)

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I plan to make a game using the program on Steam Game Maker: Studio. Although I don't know whether I should use a Mac or a PC during the time I am programming the game. Would there be a difference? If so what would they be?

If I recall correctly, the Mac-compatible version is older and outdated. Windows would allow you to use the most current version (Studio) without any fuss. Well, fuss beyond the norm with a Windows machine. Mac support for Studio is supposedly on its way, but if you want the most recent version to run on a Mac today you'd need to do some extra work.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement