HTML Shop Help Needed

Started by
4 comments, last by AmbushGames 7 years, 12 months ago
I am trying to program a software and hardware store for my website using html, but I don't know how. Nothing on the internet has helped, so I came here. Anyone have code that I can use or any help at all?
Advertisement
I made a webshop using php (php is interpreted server side and can craete individual html for each user).
Javascript can do server client communication without the need for the user to change the url.
Payments may be done by an external service implementing their API.

That,s lot of work - there are free shop systems you can use, look them up first!
(Don't know a name but googling 'free webshop software' gives results...)

Making a "webstore" is not going to be just HTML, so you are going down a new road of programming. There is a reason web developer is a profession and a very fruitful one if you are good. HTML alone doesn't do database connections, you need to learn a server side language PHP, Ruby, Java, etc... You can however look at Magento as your framework it is a out of the box ecommerce platform. All you have to do is run the setup and create items using a UI. If you have an existing website already there are ways you can install this within your site or you can subdomain it like store.yoursite.com.

Thanks for the help!
Seriously, don't waste your time developing a Web shop.

There are lots of available pieces of free software you can use such as magneto, zencart etc.

If you try and do it yourself you have to deal with handling tax in your Web shop, security, scalability, handling product variations, handling payment gateway integration, pci compliance, integration with Google shopping etc, and making it seo friendly and even more.

By the time you have something that can compete with the pre-made solutions you've wasted many years.

It's exactly like making a game engine. Many decades of skilled experienced developer time has gone into the existing solutions and a one man band simply cannot compete.

Source: I spent years writing Web shops from scratch as a paid full time job and felt I was running uphill as it's a hard sell against existing solutions. I now maintain a magneto shop for my current employer and it's so easy in comparison.

Ignore my advice at your peril!
I got a webshop software yesterday, actually.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement