• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

printing ONE image multiple times on different places

This topic is 733 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, i am making a game right now, and got to the point of collision detection for objects on the screen

the collision for the borders/end of screen is already done, and the algorythm for moving the screen along the character is done, the way i do this is that i draw the map and when i move, the x and y of the map move, giving the illusion, its a 2d pokemon fr,lg kind of viewing angle game, where the player is alway in the middle fo the screen.

so, i used a program called Tiled to make the map, and i though about importing a transparent image, and printing it out where there should be collision (i will have a common variable x and y to move it along with the map, and move the collision) i want to print this ONE image multiple times. i have been trying for a while now, but i dont know how to go forward with this one.

i have thought of adding the image to an arraylist and then printing it multiple times, different locations. but how would i go on doing this, plz help, i have been trying to add a image to arraylist, and i have made it, but i dont know how to print it, or how to specify location, or if the common x and y variables can have different values for the images.

i will post the source code when i come home. if you know any other good/ easy way of printing ONE image multiple times different spawn locations, plz tell me, 

thnx in advanced ^^

Advertisement
Make an array of some custom class that holds a reference to the image as well as the position to draw it at. Usually such a class is called a sprite class.

What does you code look like for drawing a single image? Edited by HappyCoder

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement