Sign in to follow this  
Jovinho

Developing a RPG android game

Hi guys, I am interested in finding/developing a decent RPG game and publishing it onto the playstore. Where else can i find readymades/templates other than chupamobile?

I realised the chinese market have tons of good mmorpg/arpg games. Is there a chinese equivalent of chupamobile?

Lastly, is developing a game from scratch or reskinning from existing source codes (which includes buying sources) cheaper? 

Lastly, is developing a game from scratch or reskinning from existing source codes (which includes buying sources) cheaper? 

These games on mobile typically have a cost on the order of 2-20 development years, depending on the quality and depth of play.  On PC and major consoles they have a cost on the order of many hundred development years.

Skinning an existing engine will cost a lot of money but potentially save a large percent of hours. For creating the content and immersive worlds you are still looking at development years, but you'll be paying to leverage another person's tools at the cost of your game feeling like an also-ran.

Either way you are looking at a large cost; either paying out multiple work-year salaries, buying technologies that frequently have a huge price tag, or investing years of your own time.