how much can i depend on ram od current handled deviced specially andrid devices

Started by
4 comments, last by cgrant 8 years ago

hi. im working o n a android project and i think i t has lots of sprite load for mobile device. im going to do some level streamg on that. (im working on unity) i want to know before i run my game on reall device most of basic android devices how ram they have or how much ram developer can depend on to develop.

Advertisement

modern +1gb

you dont need to worry at all

modern +1gb

you dont need to worry at all

why? what you mean about you dont need to be worry at all.

Memory available varies based on hardware. Various groups track "real world" levels of memory. Unity's current telemetry on Android says:

Top on 2016-03:
  • more than 2GB: 2.3%
  • ~2GB: 29.9%
  • ~1GB: 37.3%
  • ~768MB: 13.3%
  • ~512MB: 15.3%
  • ~256MB: 1.9%

Memory available varies based on hardware. Various groups track "real world" levels of memory. Unity's current telemetry on Android says:

Top on 2016-03:
  • more than 2GB: 2.3%
  • ~2GB: 29.9%
  • ~1GB: 37.3%
  • ~768MB: 13.3%
  • ~512MB: 15.3%
  • ~256MB: 1.9%

wow such exact info

Instead of worrying about whats available now and cause premature headaches. Worry about what you what you are trying to achieve and what would be realistic low water mark. You may find that you can prune features in order to meet your lower specification and still able to deliver your content. Being that knowing what to expect is more informative than objective since you did not specify how much you will need or expect to use.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement