Sign in to follow this  
vlj

Visual Studio 2015 : Copy texture/model as part of build process ?

When trying to create an UWP application I found out that the best way to include assets is to add the binary files to the "Assets" filter in the UWP project and mark it as "Content". Such files are copied to the build directory and are then located in the local directory of the app. UWP filesystem operation are restricted for arbitrary file in the system but local directory is a location they can access ; I can fopen the file in the Assets filter of my project with their name + extension and can omit the full path which is very convenient (of course it works well since I only have a couple kb of binary file).

Is there a way to mimic this behavior with "classic" visual c++ project ? I tried adding my file and marking them as "content" but without success, Visual Studio 2015 doesn't copy them.

Probably easier to use a post-build step.  In the properties you can specify actions to take at various steps along the way.  

Post build steps may include calling a batch file that does extra processing, or just calling a copy command directly that copies a directory tree, such as robocopy. which can scan for changes and only copy missing/old files.