Computers will grow food in the future

Started by
18 comments, last by Unduli 7 years, 11 months ago

Grown inside at twice to four times the speed, the environmentally controlled area can encourage the plant to grow to your preferred tastes by changing settings through software.

Caleb Harper discusses the details in a TED Talk.

Advertisement

All food will continue to spontaneously emerge fully packaged from the supermarket shelves well into the future, just as it does today. Why mess with something so simple?

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Grown inside at normal speed, pregnant women typically give birth after 9 months.

Bob Saget discusses the details in a sex-ed talk.

Grown inside at normal speed, pregnant women typically give birth after 9 months.

Bob Saget discusses the details in a sex-ed talk.

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Grown inside at twice to four times the speed, the environmentally controlled area can encourage the plant to grow to your preferred tastes by changing settings through software.

Caleb Harper discusses the details in a TED Talk.

That's great. Is there a link to that TED talk? Are we talking complete automation? What does 'can encourage the plant to grow to your preferred tastes by changing settings through software' actually mean?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

the environmentally controlled area can encourage the plant to grow to your preferred tastes by changing settings through software.

Can it make my greens taste like steak?

Wait, wait, I played this game a long time ago on Facebook. But when I came back to it later, all my crops were dead and overrun with weeds. Stupid computer didn't even do ANYTHING.

"Vertical Farming" and computer controlled green houses are already kind of a thing. Adjusting flavours and general qualities of food is mostly about documentation and experimentation, and really what is described in the first post is just a continuation of the farming we've been doing since humans started tending to crops to their own benefit.

And it is all something that we can play with as is. Unless you're in an especially cramped apartment and on a very tight budget of course.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

the environmentally controlled area can encourage the plant to grow to your preferred tastes by changing settings through software.

Can it make my greens taste like steak?

This guy gets it!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I thought we are done with this genetically modified food? I thought organic is all the fab nowadays?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement