Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Announcements

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By VietNN
      Hi everyone, I am new to Dx12 and working on a game project.
      My game just crash at CreateShaderResourceView with no infomation output in debug log, just: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000001F22EF2AFE8.
      my code at current:
      CreateShaderResourceView(m_texture, &desc, *cpuDescriptorHandle);
       - m_texture address is: 0x000001ea3c68c8a0
      - cpuDescriptorHandle address is 0x00000056d88fdd50
      - desc.Format, desc.ViewDimension, Texture2D.MostDetailedMip, Texture2D.MipLevels is initalized.
      The crash happens all times at that stage but not on same m_texture. As I noticed the violation reading location is always somewhere near m_texture address.
      I just declare a temp variable to check how many times CreateShaderResourceView already called, at that moment it is 17879 (means that I created 17879 succesfully), and CreateDescriptorHeap for cpuDescriptorHandle was called 4190, do I reach any limit?
      One more infomation, if I set miplevel of all texture when create to 1 it seem like there is no crash but game quality is bad. Do not sure if it relative or not.
      Anyone could give me some advise ?
    • By VietNN
      Hi all,
      The D3D12_SHADER_RESOURCE_VIEW_DESC has a member Shader4ComponentMapping but I don't really know what is it used for? As several example set its value to D3D12_DEFAULT_SHADER_4_COMPONENT_MAPPING. I also read the document on MSDN but still do not understand anything about it.
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn903814(v=vs.85).aspx
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn770406(v=vs.85).aspx
      Anyone could help me, thank you.
    • By DejayHextrix
      Hi, New here. 
      I need some help. My fiance and I like to play this mobile game online that goes by real time. Her and I are always working but when we have free time we like to play this game. We don't always got time throughout the day to Queue Buildings, troops, Upgrades....etc.... 
      I was told to look into DLL Injection and OpenGL/DirectX Hooking. Is this true? Is this what I need to learn? 
      How do I read the Android files, or modify the files, or get the in-game tags/variables for the game I want? 
      Any assistance on this would be most appreciated. I been everywhere and seems no one knows or is to lazy to help me out. It would be nice to have assistance for once. I don't know what I need to learn. 
      So links of topics I need to learn within the comment section would be SOOOOO.....Helpful. Anything to just get me started. 
      Thanks, 
      Dejay Hextrix 
    • By HD86
      As far as I know, the size of XMMATRIX must be 64 bytes, which is way too big to be returned by a function. However, DirectXMath functions do return this struct. I suppose this has something to do with the SIMD optimization. Should I return this huge struct from my own functions or should I pass it by a reference or pointer?
      This question will look silly to you if you know how SIMD works, but I don't.
    • By lubbe75
      I am looking for some example projects and tutorials using sharpDX, in particular DX12 examples using sharpDX. I have only found a few. Among them the porting of Microsoft's D3D12 Hello World examples (https://github.com/RobyDX/SharpDX_D3D12HelloWorld), and Johan Falk's tutorials (http://www.johanfalk.eu/).
      For instance, I would like to see an example how to use multisampling, and debugging using sharpDX DX12.
      Let me know if you have any useful examples.
      Thanks!
  • Popular Now