• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Steven Indochina

how to interact with brake, gear, steering wheel

This topic is 813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone

I have the machine http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/YoYo-Brand-Driving-Class-Car-Simulator_780872591.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.300.y26YuB

It is a driving simulator 

How to interact with brake, gear, steering wheel of the machine. Where should I start such as SDK, programming language, etc?

I need to build my traffic software becuase the traffic law of my country is different?

Thanks in advanced

Advertisement

In the windows control panel, does it appear inside the "USB game controllers" control panel?

If so, you can use the Direct Input SDK.

The "install cd" supposedly supplied with the equipment contains a driver (as in a hardware abstraction, not as in driver of a car) package for it. If said driver is compatible with the DirectInput interfaces (as most Windows game controllers are), you can use said DirectInput interfaces to get input from the controller to your own program. If the driver is not compatible with DirectInput, then you must consult to the documentation of the equipment (found in its SDK or similar) in order to talk to the device.

DirectInput interfaces and their documentation can be found in the Windows SDK. If your hardware has its own SDK, I have absolutely no idea where to get it.

What is your programming experience level in general? A pre-requisite of using DI is that you are a somewhat experienced programmer to begin with.

Edited by Nik02

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!