Implamenting a code

Started by
13 comments, last by Alberth 7 years, 11 months ago

Im trying to make a game but i dont know how to implament it into a code.

i have learned the language but in that sense i dont know how to implament it into an actually working game code would like some help if possible.

Thanks to all who help.

Advertisement
Exactly which language have you learned?

What kind of game are you trying to create?

Where are you stuck? Can you be more specific?

Exactly which language have you learned?

What kind of game are you trying to create?

Where are you stuck? Can you be more specific?

I have learned java and i wanna build a simple game like pong or something but dont know how to start the code.

What have you tried? Using a popular search-engine I found this set of tutorials (first thing it returned) for, what appears to me, your exact dilemma, but if you want to figure it out with a little less guidance, then asking more specific questions and telling us what has and hasn't worked for you is going to help us best help you.

Inspiration from my tea:

"Never wish life were easier. Wish that you were better" -Jim Rohn

soundcloud.com/herwrathmustbedragons

Im trying to make a game but i dont know how to implament it into a code.

i have learned the language but in that sense i dont know how to implament it into an actually working game code would like some help if possible.

Thanks to all who help.

I'm not sure how much help you can get here, since your question is analogous to "I learned carpentry, can someone tell me how to build a house?"

You need to give more information and ask more specific questions.

First construct the design of the program. Then follow the design by implementing them. Find flaws in designs then you go back to the drawing board to redesign. Try again to implement the new design. Repeat the process until you get the product you want.

Bring more Pain

You'd want to familiarize yourself with some sort of graphics engine first. Google's saying JGame.

Once you've done that, you should outline what you want your program to have, like owiley suggested.

Ideally, you'll be able to apply the general programming concepts you've learned to make Pong. If you're at this point and really have no idea what to do, you should probably review the basics. The Java Documentation is a good place to look, and I'm you can find more resources with a quick search.

Beginner. Whatever I said above could be completely wrong.

I have learned java and i wanna build a simple game like pong or something but dont know how to start the code.

Decide what you want to make first. Pong is good game to start with.

Even make sure that you are enough familiar with Java first.

These resources might be helpful for getting a clear understanding:

Now that you have your language (assuming its java) and game (assuming its Pong) fixed, you can move ahead.

You must now get yourself familiar with the concept of game loop.

These resources might be helpful:

Next, you have to learn the mere basics of input handling (keyboard and mouse), 2d graphic rendering.

In case of Java, you have the option of awt or Swing for input handling (and more) and Java2d for 2d graphic rendering.

Or if you want a all-in-one solution then go for Slick2d!

After a bit of knowledge about these things you can set to create your own Pong game. You will have to spend some time thinking about how you can make the game work. And then you can implement it. But afterwards make sure to refactor it and also download a professional version, so that you can compare.

As you go on creating games, you can simultaneously learn about audio, multi threading, networking, controllers, etc. Good luck!

What have you tried? Using a popular search-engine I found this set of tutorials (first thing it returned) for, what appears to me, your exact dilemma, but if you want to figure it out with a little less guidance, then asking more specific questions and telling us what has and hasn't worked for you is going to help us best help you.

For starting out, and for creating a simple game like Pong, it is best if one doesn't directly go for tutorials.

He should instead spend at least some hours on pen/pencil and paper trying to figure out how his game would work.

For starting out, and for creating a simple game like Pong, it is best if one doesn't directly go for tutorials.

He should instead spend at least some hours on pen/pencil and paper trying to figure out how his game would work.

I didn't mean to imply that following a tutorial was the best idea. I was just providing options (and suggesting that there are existing answers to a lot of questions).

Inspiration from my tea:

"Never wish life were easier. Wish that you were better" -Jim Rohn

soundcloud.com/herwrathmustbedragons

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement