Character mood and RP encouragements

Started by
23 comments, last by SpittingTrashcan 22 years, 4 months ago
quote:Original post by krez
because getting drunk and having sex is only fun in real life; role playing it is just silly!

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)

I think you are missing my point...do some "role playing"...put yourself in the shoes of those players who do little more then socialize in a MMORPG...they don''t seem all that interested in these wonderfully complex RPG battle systems we keep comeing up with...or how powerfull they can develop thier charactors...or even the magic systems "hardcore" RPG players can''t live without...yet these same players buy the game...connect online...and basicly run around chatting out-of-character...why?

Imagine for a second if some company were to develop a game directly for these "social players"...Something they can enjoy...wouldn''t this draw such players away from the MMORPGs they currently play...and obviously, wouldn''t this help solve your "people arn''t role playing" problem?...without even haveing to develop more complex ways to deal with these "out-of-character" players?

I guess not...something so *wierd* and *unusual* as a non-midevil fantasy RPG could never, ever be any fun...it''s just to silly to even consider, and must always be discouraged
Advertisement
quote:Original post by MSW
I think you are missing my point...

nah, i''m just flippant by nature...
quote:Imagine for a second if some company were to develop a game directly for these "social players"...Something they can enjoy...wouldn''t this draw such players away from the MMORPGs they currently play...and obviously, wouldn''t this help solve your "people arn''t role playing" problem?...without even haveing to develop more complex ways to deal with these "out-of-character" players?

i think i should put a magic spell in my game that causes someone to lose their connection, and be transported directly to an AOL chatroom
quote:I guess not...something so *wierd* and *unusual* as a non-midevil fantasy RPG could never, ever be any fun...it''s just to silly to even consider, and must always be discouraged

damn straight!

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
"I guess not...something so *wierd* and *unusual* as a non-midevil fantasy RPG could never, ever be any fun...it''s just to silly to even consider, and must always be discouraged"

MSW I hope that was just sarcasm or a joke...
quote:Original post by TechnoHydra
"I guess not...something so *wierd* and *unusual* as a non-midevil fantasy RPG could never, ever be any fun...it''s just to silly to even consider, and must always be discouraged"

MSW I hope that was just sarcasm or a joke...

yep!...it was sarcasm...I was trying to point out the one dimentional view so many RPG game developers SEEM to have...I''ve sat in one to many meetings where people end up discussing the *fun* possabilities of haveing a knap sack simulator, four elements basied magic system, forceing characters to eat three square meals a day, highly detailed combat systems, and what not...but then try to change the subject to "what is the gameplay like?"...and all they can come up with is "players just roam around killing monsters, collecting treasures, and saveing the princess...you know, just like Diablo, etc...".

Oh okay whew. Just making sure...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement