Enabling AR/VR users touch and feel

Started by
1 comment, last by swiftcoder 7 years, 11 months ago

Hi all,

My name is Maria Barciela and I am with Tactai, we have come up with a compact, finger -wearable device to enable Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality users to touch and feel a virtual object with life-like realism. (softness, textures, pressure sensitivity, heat, and cold; and the packaging of all of that in a finger-size device to maintain the natural, human-like, finger-based interaction.)

Despite of the fact that we have a disruptive technology we know that we need outstanding developers to deliver the best Virtual reality experience. There so, in order to better understand the developers' needs and to provide the best support for our wearable device I have designed a very short survey.

Gamer developers survey

I would be really grateful if you could help me out with the survey:)

Advertisement

Good luck (you're gonna need it), but I think this goes in announcements or possibly the lounge.

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I ran into someone demoing finger-mounted haptics at SIGGRAPH the year before last. Any relation to your product?

Your website is kind of pointless to promote on a game development site at the moment, since you don't (a) say whether development hardware is available, (b) mention how to obtain said development hardware, nor do you ({C}c) actually show any footage of actual hardware. From your site, I'd probably assume it was vapourware fishing for VC capital...

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement