• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alaicc

Need feedback on my latest Action/Ambient piece.

This topic is 809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[media]https:

[/media]

It is a live performance so there are certain imperfections present.

So be harsh, so I can iron them out.

Advertisement

Very atmospherical composition and sound, nice. Makes me think of a somewhat friendlier and less-psychotic version of Hotline Miami's OST in some places.
I get the feeling everything is a bit too loud and fighting for space, though. Take 3:21 for example, I think I can hear (undesired?) clipping, which I heard in some other spots as well. It's probably mostly because the bass synth is very loud and takes up a lot of space. Perhaps it's a good idea to either cut some low frequencies from other sounds, reduce the volume of the bass or maybe even both. I'd like the lead/percussive synths to really shimmer through the mix when they appear every now and then :) right now they sound muffled, and I think that's because of the overall loudness being too extreme. Maybe play around with the stereo field a bit more as well, I think everything's centered around the, well, center, and it could sound even more immersive and engulfing by broadening some of the synths.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!