• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JustAnotherGuy

Connect 3D

This topic is 804 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I made my first game based on an idea I came up with years ago to kill time in school. Since it's not one that many people would play anyway, if anyone does give it a shot and makes it to the end of a couple of games, I'd really appreciate some feedback.

For the record, it's free, only on PC, and requires no installation.

Here's a quick description from majorgeeks that covers a bunch of points better than I can:

Connect 3D provides you with a challenging game similar to a multi-leveled 3D Tic Tac Toe meets Connect 4 with a twist.

The object of the game is to complete rows in any direction, as well as on any level and gain more points than your opponent, which can be another 'human' or against the machine with varying degrees of difficulty - one point is awarded for completing a row in any direction. 

Connect 3D then takes the gameplay a step further by flipping itself in order to keep the game interestingly difficult. While playing during testing it took a minute to get the hang of this aspect, but since there isn't a time restraint while you contemplate your next move you can really think it out.

It's quite good for keeping your brain active while playing, and generally most people start out unable to see anything, but you improve fairly easily so don't let it put you off. It can be pretty fun if you have two people of a similar skill level, though I also coded some basic AI that you can play against.

Features:
  • Most game options are fully customisable (but it's best to keep with default ones)
  • Local multiplayer
  • AI with different difficulty levels
  • Correctly fits any sized screen
  • Everything coded from scratch (even the scrollable menu which was a pain to get working)

Here's a screenshot of it (a few more on the download page):

msGuwM.png

Download link: I attached it to the post, and if that doesn't work go to https://peter-hunt.itch.io/connect3d

Edited by JustAnotherGuy

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!