• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AmbushGames

Cast your vote now!

This topic is 715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I want you guys to decide. As I have already said, Iron Might 2D is entering developement, and I want you guys to be able to decide which tool I will use. Some I have considered are Game Maker: Studio, WiMi5, and Notepad++. If you have any game engines you want me to use, reply now!

Advertisement
Don't just use the tools someone else says to use.

Do research and testing and choose the right tool for the job.

If I tell you that you need to use a hammer to screw in a screw, will you immediately grab a mallet? No?

Hive think is bad. Good luck!

If I tell you that you need to use a hammer to screw in a screw, will you immediately grab a mallet? No?

True that. I just wanted to see what y'all want, because I'm that guy who actually listens to that stuff. I'm planning on using Gamemaker.

Obviously, what braindigitalis said is good advice.  But people here can help with this kind of decision (or at least give you some things to look up)--as long as you provide much more information about what you're doing, and your skill set/experience level.  We could recommend a 3D, C++ library (or whatever) but it doesn't help if you want to build a 2D RPG with Java.  :P

I'm real concerned about why Notepad++ is in the list.

It's a programming tool :P

Obviously, what braindigitalis said is good advice.  But people here can help with this kind of decision (or at least give you some things to look up)--as long as you provide much more information about what you're doing, and your skill set/experience level.  We could recommend a 3D, C++ library (or whatever) but it doesn't help if you want to build a 2D RPG with Java.   :P

Well, it is a 2d shooter based in world war 1. I have some knowledge in JavaScript and I know where to find help for all other stuff. Thank God for the internet.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!