D3D11CreateDevice freeze

Started by
3 comments, last by ongamex92 7 years, 11 months ago

I've just bought a new laptop with nVidia 960M in it (and of course the intel graphics with the CPU...)

When I run my code (it happens when I'm attached with a debugger) I get a freeze in D3D11CreateDevice call with around 10% chance.

That code worked perfectly fine for more that 3 years on my AMD 5550 and AMD 7770 (and i think x1600pro)?

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:
I'm working on window 7

Advertisement

If you pass in the debug flag when creating the device do you get any warning/error messages?

I remember I had a bug where running the debugger with a D3D9 game (years ago!). Not closing down correctly would occasionally leave the device in an unhappy state, causing it to fail during subsequent creation calls. I've not seen anything like that since though.

T

FYI: You may need to add your executable to the 3D graphics list in the Nvidia driver and force it to use dedicated graphics for the 960M.

I'm not saying this is why it freezes, just a heads-up.

If you pass in the debug flag when creating the device do you get any warning/error messages?

It freezes with and without that flag.

BTW. It also happens with glChosePixelFormat (a bit rearely I suppose).

I will change my driver (upgrade or downgrade).

You may need to add your executable to the 3D graphics list in the Nvidia driver and force it to use dedicated graphics for the 960M.

I'll give it a try thanks!

I'm not sure what did the trick for me, but after removing UpdateWindow call (after CreateWindow) I haven't had any freezes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement