Looking for feedback on WIP *Final Boss theme?

Started by
3 comments, last by cock 7 years, 10 months ago

At the moment, I have currently built a theme that I feel like should and could be the final boss theme of a game.

I need feedback so I can judge where to place this theme, and what I can do to make it sound better.

I'm only asking for a few minutes of your time, so please provide feedback. Thank you

https://clyp.it/bptamanj

Advertisement

Hi,

Do you have an idea of the game style it should be on? I think that the backing part sounds like bossy or fighting enough. I mean drums, bass and the overall feel and chord progressions.

I would concentrate on the melody instrument next. The melody is a bit non-directional and jumps over here and there. Sound like it's just improvised and left like that. Just dissect it down and create some more memorable themes from the part you like the most.

You're on a good start!

-Lassi

Hi,

Do you have an idea of the game style it should be on? I think that the backing part sounds like bossy or fighting enough. I mean drums, bass and the overall feel and chord progressions.

I would concentrate on the melody instrument next. The melody is a bit non-directional and jumps over here and there. Sound like it's just improvised and left like that. Just dissect it down and create some more memorable themes from the part you like the most.

You're on a good start!

-Lassi

Thanks for the feedback, I'm keeping the chorus as it is, and I'm also NOT making this the final boss theme. This will possibly be the boss theme or a theme in some other part in a game.

I'm working on a new final boss theme, it sounds more similar to your reply and how it should sound.

This is an extremely early preview: https://clyp.it/mk3sf4cd

The starting will be changed, I have yet to create a chorus, but it's sounding good so far. The middle after the verse is just a placement, it probably won't be there in the final theme on 0:47.

This one has a nice energy! :)

One thing came to my mind. The long synth/cello/bass lines could be pulsing 8th notes or some rhythm at some parts and so they have more impact when they're long. Now everything is long lines and it starts to lose it's meaning like that. Maybe in the middle part 0:47.

Or something else pulsing like rhythm guitar type of instrument in 0:29 & 1:10.

I'm not gonna say anything about sample/instrument quality now as it's an early version.

Again, just my first feelings. Keep up the good work :)

-Lassi

This one has a nice energy! :)

One thing came to my mind. The long synth/cello/bass lines could be pulsing 8th notes or some rhythm at some parts and so they have more impact when they're long. Now everything is long lines and it starts to lose it's meaning like that. Maybe in the middle part 0:47.

Or something else pulsing like rhythm guitar type of instrument in 0:29 & 1:10.

I'm not gonna say anything about sample/instrument quality now as it's an early version.

Again, just my first feelings. Keep up the good work :)

-Lassi

Well then, It's in middle to end stages, I wanted to see your thoughts on the improved version,

https://clyp.it/j5smkfpz

Enjoy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement