• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
VildNinja

Unity Game Maker Tools for Touch Screens

This topic is 867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi devs,

I am planning to start a small hobby project later this year, making a tool for prototyping games on a tablet. One of my core concepts will focus on making coding not suck without a keyboard. I will most likely look into using a graph based approach in a highly OOP environment, trying to avoid both typing and drag'n'drop programming. I will probably use Unity as backend (not relevant for this topic, but no I will not make an engine from scratch).

My question is what prototyping tools do you know, that would work well for touch? The only ones I can find are in the Lego-programming category: Scratch, Hopscotch and Tynker, and these are frankly painful to use when it comes to productivity. While teaching programming is always cool, I am mainly looking to make a tool that experienced game devs would want to pull out when sitting on a train, or when just too lazy to leave their couch.

Any suggestions for user interface would be very helpful :) Any other suggestions are also very welcome, as long as they are not about optimization or backend.

/Jannek

Also sorry if this does not fit in "APIs and Tools"

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!