• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

A Brain Dump of What I Worked on for Uncharted 4

This topic is 708 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

That's very cool, cheers for sharing. Are you allowed to share information on the tech used? I'm curious to know about what language(s) and framework(s) were used for the level editor and so on.

Awesome thanks for sharing.  Would be nice to see this posted as an article.

Yes please, make it an article!  At least an overview pointing to the original if nothing else.  This post will get lost in all the complaining about Unity.

Fantastic post and game. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

That's very cool, cheers for sharing. Are you allowed to share information on the tech used? I'm curious to know about what language(s) and framework(s) were used for the level editor and so on.

I don't know how relevant it is anymore but the lead programmer at Naughty Dog Jason Gregory has book titled Game Engine Architecture. He talks a fair bit about their tech at Naughty Dog. From my understanding they used C++ as well as in house scripting language for the engine. I am unsure if they use anything different for the editor.

It's out already?

Goddammit, I need to buy it.

Very good post, by the way.
I remember Metal Gear Solid 4 & 5 also have that "investigation pair" thing going on if 2 enemy soldiers close to each other are being distracted.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement