• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoX

diretc mouse input

This topic is 6148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just wondering... can you get the absolute position of the mouse in directx8. I looked it up in the sdk and it seems to me as you only get the relative position of the mouse (delta x and delta y). Anyone?

Advertisement
i dunno...
but, you can do it this way:
keep two variables to store the absolute mouse coordinates. each time you get a relative motion, add it to the variables. check the variables to make sure they are within the bounds of the screen.
then use them as your absolute mouse coordinates.

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)

Yeah that''s an option, but I''m so lazy so I did it with good old windows messages. Works ok so far... thanks anyway

Yes you can. You can do it either by converting the relative data yourself (IMHO this is the easiest way) or you can set the mouse to send you absolute data based on some point by using the SetProperty function. Look up DIPROP_AXISMODE

Invader X
Invader''s Realm

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!