• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
The Lost OST

This topic is 913 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi people,

I created this track a while ago, mostly as an experiment. I didn't do any mixing, the leveling is crappy and some of the samples sound pretty fake, but I might turn this piece into something worthwhile in the future, so for now I was wondering what you'd have to say about the musical ideas.

https://soundcloud.com/the-lost-ost/the-nomad-tortoise

Thanks in advance!

- The Lost OST

Advertisement

I really like a lot of the music ideas! I think some of the guitar rhythms could be a bit more elaborate but understand this is just a draft and some of that may change once you do a more fully realized version. Good stuff! Tons of potential here.

Thanks! Yes, the guitar is very much a blueprint of what it should/could be. Loads of room for improvement overall, but happy to hear you're digging this basic version :)

Sounds really nice :)

Reminds me quite a lot of Playstations Chrono Cross which has great music IMHO. It's the guitar, flute and percussion samples and nice flow of course.

Thanks! :) Heheh, I'm a bit ashamed to say I've only played Chrono Trigger (which I loved to bits). Perhaps it's time to check out its successor roughly 15 years after it was released! :P

Really enjoyed your melodies and moods and orchestration. My suggestion would be to maybe stretch the themes out a bit more and maybe give a bit more space and time in especially in the transitions. For instance that part at 0:39-0:41 to me it was very abrupt and I would allow more time (like a couple extra bars) for your flute motif to die down and then build it up a bit into the big bang at 0:41 with dramatic ascending scales and stuff (perhaps in the flute or strings). Also, this track would sound amazing played by a live orchestra. Now, I don’t know whether or not a live recorded version would suit the context of a video game (being that video games are the front lines of digital creation). I just think it has a lot of elements that would really shine in a live studio recording.

Great work!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!