Started by
6 comments, last by lowfatstrings 7 years, 10 months ago

Hi people,

I created this track a while ago, mostly as an experiment. I didn't do any mixing, the leveling is crappy and some of the samples sound pretty fake, but I might turn this piece into something worthwhile in the future, so for now I was wondering what you'd have to say about the musical ideas.

https://soundcloud.com/the-lost-ost/the-nomad-tortoise

Thanks in advance!

- The Lost OST

Advertisement

I really like a lot of the music ideas! I think some of the guitar rhythms could be a bit more elaborate but understand this is just a draft and some of that may change once you do a more fully realized version. Good stuff! Tons of potential here.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks! Yes, the guitar is very much a blueprint of what it should/could be. Loads of room for improvement overall, but happy to hear you're digging this basic version :)

Sounds really nice :)

Reminds me quite a lot of Playstations Chrono Cross which has great music IMHO. It's the guitar, flute and percussion samples and nice flow of course.

Thanks! :) Heheh, I'm a bit ashamed to say I've only played Chrono Trigger (which I loved to bits). Perhaps it's time to check out its successor roughly 15 years after it was released! :P

This track sounds extremely epic and exotic to me! I personally think it really fits to the theme you had in mind! c:

Thank you very much!

Really enjoyed your melodies and moods and orchestration. My suggestion would be to maybe stretch the themes out a bit more and maybe give a bit more space and time in especially in the transitions. For instance that part at 0:39-0:41 to me it was very abrupt and I would allow more time (like a couple extra bars) for your flute motif to die down and then build it up a bit into the big bang at 0:41 with dramatic ascending scales and stuff (perhaps in the flute or strings). Also, this track would sound amazing played by a live orchestra. Now, I don’t know whether or not a live recorded version would suit the context of a video game (being that video games are the front lines of digital creation). I just think it has a lot of elements that would really shine in a live studio recording.

Great work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement