• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mode 13h in MSVC++ 6.0 need Help

This topic is 6027 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

helo and thx in advance for reading this I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 c++ and have a big problem with the mode 13h (320x200) i kan''t get in i tried with inline assambler but when the programm gets to the grphic interrupt it crasches and windows kick my ass with a blue screen (i am using win 98). if somebogy cann give me the source for the initialization, i would be realy heapy my source::: void init_mode13h() { _asm{ mov ax,0013h int 10h // after this i get a blue-screen } }

Advertisement
Have you tried using DirectX? With that you can initialise ModeX in a Windows-safe manner.

Grab the SDK and look at the tutorials (or ask here) - you''ll be pleasantly surprised.

Does any one really understand the difference between DOS and Windows? VC++ is a 32 bit windows compiler only. Under normal circumstances you can not access hardware manually. You MUST use an programming interface to produce graphics. Either GDI, DirectX (D3D or DDraw) or OpenGL, or any number of other graphics libraries out there. If you want to make Mode X programs using the above code you need a 16-bit DOS compiler, Borland has a free one that is ok.

In the future search the boards because people are always trying to do this (so your not the only one) and you just can''t with VC++.

Oh thx for your answers.

and JY you are right i realy don''t know this 32 and 16 bit thingy

but i am glad to know this now

i try my luck with borland.

thx a lot for your attention.

C++ is not a Programming Language.
it''s a whole Religion

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!