• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

troop

delphi programmers needed!

This topic is 6088 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just finished a program I call Control Spy. Here is a little about it from the readme. ------------------------------------------------ This is a program was written in Borland Delphi 6. It allows you to veiw the classnames and handles of other programs'' controls. It also has the option to send a string to a specified control and/or view a string from a control. To use this program simply put your mouse cursor over the control you want and the classname, handle and string found will be shown. To freeze and unfreeze information press the 0 (zero) key. All hidden controls can be found on the hidden controls list. To show a previously hidden control just simply select the control from the list and press show. This program should prove to have many uses. ------------------------------------------------- If anyone is willing to help me with this program and improve it before I make a commercial release I will give a cut of profit. I''m soon going to put it up on some shareware sites and charge $10 for a licence. Check it out, let me know if you would like to help. http://gfx1.netfirms.com/control_spy_v1.0.zip contact me at food@toast.com

Advertisement
One suggestion: resizing.
If the program''s window is resized, none of the components on it are changed. So clicking on maximize leaves the whole screen covered while the information is stuck in the top-left. Mabye change the window''s boarder and disable the maximize button or something?

~ There''s no substitute for failure ~

Hello there

About the resizing, you can use the anchors property of a
control to force it to resize with the window in a simular
way to the align property.

I would also make the application use the default windows
color schemes as this helps present a more professional
product. ( there is a document somewhere on msdn that goes
into all these sorts of aspects of gui development for the
windows OS ).

Good luck

Mark

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!