[Indiegogo] Etkiina - The cursed Nine

Started by
23 comments, last by Felicitas 7 years, 10 months ago

Hello community!

[media]https:

[/media]

game_items.pngetkiina___aka_project_cronos_by_felikahn

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/etkiina-the-cursed-nine/x/14199630#/

I recently found this huge site and thaught i could show you our project and get some attention for it!

We are a small but experienced Team spread around the world.

Im Felicitas as known as "filly_the_owl" and im the core developer and founder of this Project.

[What is Etkiina]

Etkiina is a story driven first person roleplaying game!

It was inspired from the beloved games Oblivion and Skyrim but later we changed the focus onto morrowind.

We follow up an old tradition of storytelling and quality and try to make a very intense game.

We have an indiegogo campaign and we welcome any help towards our funding goal!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/etkiina-the-cursed-nine/x/14199630#/

Advertisement
etkiina___aka_project_cronos_by_felikahnetkiina___aka_project_cronos_by_felikahnetkiina___aka_project_cronos_by_felikahn

etkiina___aka_project_cronos_by_felikahn

It looks pretty! (Although I do think that I see some texture-boundary issues in places.)

Looking at the screenshots, are you going for a slightly painterly effect, or is that an artefact of the screenshots/temporary textures/my eyes/something else?

Finally, if I may ask, what does the name mean (if anything)?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Thing is that: I know of all the critics people give me on the screenshots.

I could make you a list of it.

But it is not in my hands to change these.

The reason i do this campaign is mainly because of the ultra bad hardware i have.

I literally cant go anyfurther with the project. Its completly stuck. I cant do anything.

I needed to render the entire trailer, it is impossible to capture a video.

It realy hurts me extremly to hear these critics over and over again but i cant help it. Im sorry :c we need money.

After i got the hardware i can massivly change stuff and even do gameplay videos and more!

I just wish i could do it right now! There are so many bad factors to this i cant control.

Operating System

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz 41 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Acer ET1861 (CPU 1) 30 °C
Graphics
BenQ GL2250H (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5570 (Sapphire/PCPartner) 70 °C
The specs the project is developed on...
And i have a laptop to from gamedev school... but that one is worse.
I just edited the campaign so everyone can read it instantly, i thaught i point that out.

Finally, if I may ask, what does the name mean (if anything)?Finally, if I may ask, what does the name mean (if anything)?

Yes it does mean something theres alot of story going on behind. But you wont find out until in the game ^^

*doublepost wrong*

it looks nice =)

Thing is that: I know of all the critics people give me on the screenshots.
I could make you a list of it.
But it is not in my hands to change these.

It realy hurts me extremly to hear these critics over and over again but i cant help it. Im sorry :c we need money.

My apologies; I didn't mean my critique to be as harsh as you seem to have read it as having been.

That said, may I make a suggestion? If a hyper-realistic art-style is infeasible for you, why not go for something more stylised? I wasn't being critical when I asked whether you were going for a painterly aesthetic--I think that it could actually be really cool. On top of that, it might help to differentiate your project from others like it.

As to the texture boundaries, surely that's something that you could work on? (And for what it's worth, I don't think that it's a major issue, especially if you're still at an early point in development.)

Yes it does mean something theres alot of story going on behind. But you wont find out until in the game ^^

Aaw--not even a hint? :P

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You wasnt harsh its ok :) i just wanted to give away my feelings to the situation. Its kinda... depressive... but we have to bear with that.

You see: im the core of the project, everything is connected to me. My flat is the HQ of the company. So if i cant work the whole project is at the edge...

I actually intend togo for a very realisitc artstyle, but mixed with art.

Mostly art of colors, if you know the movie avatar you will be familiar with what i try todo.

The texture boundaries are a problem yes, but i fix that easily in maya... just not currently.

You see theres alot of stuff i could do easily... but PC says no.

Sometimes it crashes... sometimes it freezes to death.

And sometimes i throw things.

thx :)

So ive got some news!

First off i made this cool new IndieDB site where i will have the main project material hosted now.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/etkiina-the-cursed-nine

Second off is that i was contacted by Nvidia for a program they do with developers.

I dont know yet what it is about and if i can make it in but its definitly something!

Keep tracking :3

I'm glad to read about the contact from NVidia! ^_^

You wasnt harsh its ok

I'm glad to read it. ^_^

I actually intend togo for a very realisitc artstyle, but mixed with art.

Fair enough. Is that an important part of your vision for the project, however?

Sometimes it crashes... sometimes it freezes to death.

Ouch, I'm sorry to read it! 0_0

And sometimes i throw things.

Hmm, a potential cause for those crashes and freezes? ;P

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement