• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! Experienced DX & VB Programmer

This topic is 5936 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am really at a loss and am in desperate need of some help from someone who has knowledge of DirectX in Visual Basic. I have been programming games for years now but just recently got into the DirectX programming. I Have released a couple of games, one of which has become a very big hassle, it runs perfect on my system, but on some systems, when run, it comes up with an error. I am sure that there is a problem with my declaration of variables or something like that, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. It says object not defined??? Which I don't understand why this error would only appear on some systems. If someone can help me, I would be glad to share the source code of the game so they would be able to assist me. The program is very large, so I cannot post it here. If you can assist, I would obviously give credit to you in the program as well as on the website and anything else (free software that we produce if interested) that you would like. Thanks again, Keith Litfin http://www.fatzbomb.com Note: If you would like to download the game to see if it works on your system first, the set-up (exe) file is located at http://www.fatzbomb.com/software/btetris UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot to include this information, I am programming in Visual Basic 6 with DirectX 8 (DX7 Type Libraries). Thanks again! Edited by - FatzBomb on November 20, 2001 3:09:13 PM

Advertisement
Your site was "unavailable" when I tried connecting. The only explanation I have is that maybe those users have outdated files that your application is using. If you''re using ActiveX objects or DLL''s, it''s possible that older versions are creating problems. I''d really have to test the program on my system to know for sure.

I''ve been programming with VB for about five years (since 4.0) and DirectX for two. I don''t know if I can help, but I''d certainly be happy to try.

My web host just capped my website for overused bandwidth... sorry about that. I would appreciate anything that you could do to help me. I can manually send the source if you want, my email is klitfin@fatzbomb.com

Again, I really appreciate this and any help that you can give.

Mail the source and I''ll have a look... can''t promise anything though... fredrik_8c@hotmail.com

// Shadows

• Advertisement