• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Iam new and I don't know where to begin

This topic is 695 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys

I want to ask some questions pls : 

1 - What programming language to start with? (iam already good in C# programming) 

2 - What engine to use and according to what ? (I already started using Unity3d and it's good for me but i need some advices)

3 - i need some recourses to get free assets .

4- How to be good at programming and devoloping games? (i need some advices pls)

Sorry for bad English..  I already readed FAQS but iam confused i don't know if iam in the right path or not .

Thanks alot <3

Edited by Phantom Trickster

Advertisement

> 1 - What programming language to start with? (iam already good in C# programming) 

Then use C#.  The language choice doesn't particularly matter, you can use whatever language you want that your tools support.

> 2 - What engine to use and according to what ? (I already started using Unity3d and it's good for me but i need some advices)

Unity uses C# and is free. It is also a frequent recommendation.  

Unreal also has some support for C#, as does Hero Engine and Allegro, to name three.

> 3 - i need some recourses to get free assets 

There are people and groups who post free asset packs online of varying quality. Generally if you want specialized work for your game you need to pay someone for it.

> 4- How to be good at programming and devoloping games?

By both study and practice. Study and learn the things you don't know. Practice and actually attempt to implement the things you want to implement.

> 1 - What programming language to start with? (iam already good in C# programming) 

Then use C#.  The language choice doesn't particularly matter, you can use whatever language you want that your tools support.

> 2 - What engine to use and according to what ? (I already started using Unity3d and it's good for me but i need some advices)

Unity uses C# and is free. It is also a frequent recommendation.  

Unreal also has some support for C#, as does Hero Engine and Allegro, to name three.

> 3 - i need some recourses to get free assets 

There are people and groups who post free asset packs online of varying quality. Generally if you want specialized work for your game you need to pay someone for it.

> 4- How to be good at programming and devoloping games?

By both study and practice. Study and learn the things you don't know. Practice and actually attempt to implement the things you want to implement.

Thanks alot   <3

Hey guys

I want to ask some questions pls : 

1 - What programming language to start with? (iam already good in C# programming) 

2 - What engine to use and according to what ? (I already started using Unity3d and it's good for me but i need some advices)

3 - i need some recourses to get free assets .

4- How to be good at programming and devoloping games? (i need some advices pls)

Sorry for bad English..  I already readed FAQS but iam confused i don't know if iam in the right path or not .

Thanks alot <3

1: Depends on your purpose. There are tools for many different things, but I personally recommend taking a higher languages (Such as C#/JAVA/Python/C++/etc) and learn also C.

At least the basics of C- Syntax, Pointers, IO (Console+Files).

It is a good base knowledge for development.

2:Game engines are a personal choice, every one has advantages and disadvantages. Learn these and you'll know if you want the engine or not.

But I still recommend to learn how to program well before you take off with an engine.

3: Google is your friend. I've encountered countless sites. Do the same.

4: Read and write code. Read books and articles. Write your own. This is how you get better. 

Don't be afraid of something "higher" than your knowledge. It seems complicated but one can be amazed what you can accomplish when you are persistent.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement