Best Female Voice pack - what to include?

Started by
3 comments, last by Kasu-_- 7 years, 10 months ago
Hi!
We at Redheart Entertainment are working on a Female - voice pack and we need your help.
What would you need from a female voice pack?
What words / phrases?
What characters?
What sounds?
Cute or tough girls?
What would you use it for? Menu voice? RTS? Fantasy? Horror?
We'd like to make the best voice packs for game developers, so please let us know what you think.
Thank you in advance. and keep on making great games!
Advertisement

Hi!
We at Redheart Entertainment are working on a Female - voice pack and we need your help.
What words / phrases?
What characters?
What sounds?
Cute or tough girls?
We'd like to make the best voice packs for game developers, so please let us know what you think.

Seems to me that much of these answers would be highly impacted by what genre your pack is aiming to support. Horror vs. RTS vs. fantasy could (and most likely would) require very different types of phrases and words. So my advice would be to narrow down what your pack is supporting and create the assets towards that end product. This way you can target your work and, if it's successful, make follow up volumes that support other kinds of genres or expand on what volume 1 covered.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Hi!
What words / phrases?
What characters?
What sounds?
Cute or tough girls?

Seems to me that much of these answers would be highly impacted by what genre your pack is aiming to support. Horror vs. RTS vs. fantasy could (and most likely would) require very different types of phrases and words. So my advice would be to narrow down what your pack is supporting and create the assets towards that end product. This way you can target your work and, if it's successful, make follow up volumes that support other kinds of genres or expand on what volume 1 covered.

I'm with nsmadsen on this. If you try to please everyone with one package it will be too narrow on every genre or too massive and expensive to use. With multiple different genres/styles the user can get what they want without getting 99% of irrelevant sounds. It's easier to sell and easier to use as small packages and still you can put the whole shit together and sell it with a small discount.

But to answer your question about what the developers need, I think fighting sounds might be needed the most. So martial arts shouts, really short getting hit and jumping sounds, dying and victory shouts. But everything else depends too much of the style and pace of the game.

I've tested a martial arts package from Boom Library and it seems that most of the sounds are too long and similar. And the different characters aren't too different.

As you see, it's really hard to imagine what I need before I really need it :D

Hi!
What words / phrases?
What characters?
What sounds?
Cute or tough girls?

I'm with nsmadsen on this. If you try to please everyone with one package it will be too narrow on every genre or too massive and expensive to use. With multiple different genres/styles the user can get what they want without getting 99% of irrelevant sounds. It's easier to sell and easier to use as small packages and still you can put the whole shit together and sell it with a small discount.

But to answer your question about what the developers need, I think fighting sounds might be needed the most. So martial arts shouts, really short getting hit and jumping sounds, dying and victory shouts. But everything else depends too much of the style and pace of the game.

I've tested a martial arts package from Boom Library and it seems that most of the sounds are too long and similar. And the different characters aren't too different.

As you see, it's really hard to imagine what I need before I really need it :D

Thank you for the feedback. I was asking about genres exactly because we want to narrow the pack down to one specific type. We're most likely going with a fantasy type RPG sound pack with fighting sounds and spell casting sounds along with phrases and basic words... if it sounds useful at all? I agree that the fighting sounds/hurt/hit sounds would probably be the most useful.

You also had a good point in making the packs more diverse. ...but did you mean more types of female characters in a pack or more types of sounds made by one character?

Mostly I'm wondering if there's any specific things game developers would want in Female - voice pack like this.

You also had a good point in making the packs more diverse. ...but did you mean more types of female characters in a pack or more types of sounds made by one character?

Mostly I meant more types of different characters. But again it depends the target. If you want to use the sounds for a main character, then you need a lot of different sounds but if you want to use the sounds for different characters, then you need a lot of different enough characters but maybe less sounds.

Maybe the main idea is that the different characters need to have their personality carried with all their sounds.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement