How EXACTLY would I order the DX 8 SDK from MS?

Started by
4 comments, last by pointguard1 22 years, 5 months ago
I''d like to know exactly how to do it from someone who has. I''ve been to microsoft.com and I just can''t seem to find an order form or anything. Thnx. Newbie to game programming? visit KaBooMgames Great for Newbs, Masters welcome as well
------------------------------------KaBeeM Web
<><
Advertisement
If I was you.. I''d just Download it.. Free is always better.
------------------------------------------------------------I wrote the best video game ever, then I woke up...
Try there

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/topic.asp?URL=/msdn-files/028/000/114/topic.xml&frame=true
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
If downloading it doesn''t appeal to you, you can also get it by buying a game programming book such as "OpenGL Game Programming", "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" or other DirectX programming books. They put a copy on the included CD. The first book has version 8 and the second has 6.1.

Just so you know, I own both books and don''t own any stock in any of the publishers.
No problems, only solutions.
You can get it at my site as well. I have it all zipped up and stretched out in bite size pieces for those with slow modems.

Someone else was offering to sell it on CD for $5. I can do that well but for $5.50 and can include as much other stuff as you want from my site up to 650MB for the price.

Ben

go to the platform SDK homepage and order the whole platform sdk which includes the dx 8.1 sdk. it''s free. $USD16 p&h worldwide. thats it.

================================
Windows XP Rocks!!!
================================

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement