• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dmytry

Polynomial 2 released to Early Access

This topic is 867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Released to Early Access yesterday.

I have to say developing this game felt so much harder than The Polynomial (the first). I don't know if it's me getting older or just the much larger complexity of the new game, probably a bit of both.

Here's a trailer:

Rambling note on the trailer: Trailers are a lot more work than you originally expect. First off I was trying to make a trailer by traditional means but in the end I ended up scripting it all in Lua and recording a replay of me killing some enemies for the first person segment (also using Lua, dumping controller state on every frame to a file). Used the engine as a sort of an indie low key source filmmaker. That turned out to be much easier than editing actual videos.

Edited by Dmytry

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!