3D adventure sports game idea

Started by
1 comment, last by hypester 7 years, 10 months ago

Here is the basic layout for this idea.

(Single player only.)

You play as a wrestler. You begin the game by training to become a wrestler, learning the ropes which leads to your first match. Eventually, your career takes off & you gain experience while in preparation to face the champion who turns out to be your 'childhood idol'.

The game play mechanics would be similar that of the 'telltale games' series of Tales from Borderlands. Basically, where in any interaction including the match game play, you have several choices & any decision you make either hinders or advances you further in the game(sending you to possibly a different ending or longer game play until you reach the end).

Now, judging by the many indie games that are out there for PC, especially on Steam & the quality sports games that are available today on commercial consoles; I would like to hear the thoughts of those on this board regarding on if this would process sale in a retail setting &/or if this would be a financial flop? I am mostly looking for opinion on commercialization of this product if it were to be fully developed & released for public view.

[To summarize: I had this idea for a sports themed game where you play as an aspiring athlete breaking into their craft. Each step of the game requires thinking on your part as you make choices for the character surrounding their venture. You eventually rise through the ranks to come face to face with your character's 'idol'. Would this whole concept create revenue on release & moving forward or not?]

Thanks.

Advertisement

I would like to hear the thoughts of those on this board regarding on if this would process sale in a retail setting &/or if this would be a financial flop? I am mostly looking for opinion on commercialization of this product if it were to be fully developed & released for public view.

[To summarize: I had this idea for a sports themed game where you play as an aspiring athlete breaking into their craft. Each step of the game requires thinking on your part as you make choices for the character surrounding their venture. You eventually rise through the ranks to come face to face with your character's 'idol'. Would this whole concept create revenue on release & moving forward or not?]

I'm moving this to the Business forum. You asked writers for their opinion on the business success of the idea - the main topic in the Writing forum is the best way to write something, not to opine on the business outlook.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Concepts don't create revenue. Execution does.

The concept is fine, and cool, and fresh, and new. It can be done in a way which is competely boring and formulaic, or it can be done in a way which is fresh and invigorating and accessible.

Generally with a Telltale-like game, it requires top top notch writing (because that's kinda the draw) and so that would make or break the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement