[D3D12] Pixel shader ran, but with no outputs

Started by
3 comments, last by Expression2 7 years, 10 months ago

As seen in the image, the vertex shader has successfully run with 175 cubes, 2100 triangles in total. The pixel shader stage ran, but with no outputs. Why?

Visual Studio Graphics Analyzer log file: [attachment=32232:Report20160610-1735.zip]

[attachment=32231:Report20160610-1735.diagsession.png]

Advertisement

Did you set a scissor rect (RSSetScissorRects)?

I found that not setting a scissor rect works fine on my laptop, but nothing will get through to the pixel shader on my desktop. If that's not it maybe you could provide a little more detail of how you set up your pipeline state for that draw call (obj:11 should have the pipeline state)

Scissor is fine.

SampleMask in the PSO is set to 0 rather than 0xFFFFFFFF (or at least 0x1). You're asking it to write out to none of the samples, which, surprisingly enough, results in no samples being written to :).

Adam Miles - Principal Software Development Engineer - Microsoft Xbox Advanced Technology Group

Oh wow, i totally did not see the uploaded file...

Scissor is fine.

SampleMask in the PSO is set to 0 rather than 0xFFFFFFFF (or at least 0x1). You're asking it to write out to none of the samples, which, surprisingly enough, results in no samples being written to :).

Can't believe I actually missed that.

As a token of appreciation here is my project https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmpBEaZtbJqMoplA_Yx9lN1PtPxIHg

The project involves Win32, DirectComposition, D3D11on12, D3D12, and CreateSwapChainForComposition. You may be interested as it features a method to create a window with transparency without layered windows and all its incompatibilities and performance compromises.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement