Difference between Framework and Engine

Started by
11 comments, last by kitman20022002 7 years, 10 months ago
What makes an engine an engine? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it its origins? The way it comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices it makes. Not how it starts things, but how it decides to end them.
Advertisement

I'm going to side with Sean on this -- framework is something you build on top of, engine is something you work inside of.

The distinction is kind of like whether you write the "int main()" or not...

"when i'm interviewing, I'll wanted to show my "engine/framework","

No. You'll be wanting to show a working game. Every tom, dick and harry shows up with bits of code they call an "engine". Finish an actual game instead.

You'll be wanting to show a working game. Every tom, dick and harry shows up with bits of code they call an "engine". Finish an actual game instead.

lol, of course I will show a working game. but finding a programming job in Australia is really hard, which means :

Get a job in AUS = Know how to make a game and also release on Goolge Play/Ios + make something similar to UE or Unity to show I understand the theory and know how to apply to theory in to code. (and because I say similar and not exactly so that's why I need to find out the definition which has strong statement to prove it is a Engine/Framework/API or something else). which also to me means they are trying to hire a senior programmer but paying junior salary.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement