• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

MagicLeap teams up with LucasArts

This topic is 507 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

They always make some great looking videos, but I'm very much a rubber-meets-the-road kind of guy. We met with a rep from ML recently, so I'm hoping to get some eyes-on time in the near future. The HoloLens is super cool but the field of view is a real buzzkill. And as if that weren't enough, there's still Meta 2 in the mix.

In pretty much all of the VR and AR cases, the tech and hardware has well outstripped the content in both concept and execution. We have all these amazing toys, but everyone seems just a bit confused about why. We're buying them on the strength of what we individually imagine them to be. This feels the same - LA and ML are opening a joint research center but with pretty vague goals.

Edited by Promit

oh sweet, i've only been able to read that the few people who have actually seen it in action said it was amazing. I remember reading they raised a ton of money before anybody had really seen it in action.

Anyway, the reason why I was asking if anybody had known anybody that had seen it was because it seems so secretive and wanted to know how awesome it really is by more of a word of mouth thing rather than just what i read in articles. Not that i don't think its going to be awesome, i'm really looking forward to seeing what they've got, i'm wondering if there's any cons like microsoft had with the field of view of their hololense, or what if there's anything they bring to the table that microsoft doesn't (black is transparent in the hololense, is the magic leap able to render black?). what kind of technology are they using? hololense adds light to the scene, is magic leap going to do like a transparent led display or something (in that case white would probably be transparent, haha)?

EDIT:

haha, basically what slayemin said

Edited by iedoc

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement