• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dwatt

D3D12 Render to texture

This topic is 907 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having an issue with rendering to texture then rendering the texture. I have created a shader resource view and render target view for the texture. Then render to the texture. I can see that the texture is rendered to but there appears to be now 2 textures instead of one. I see two identical objects on the Object list when debugging. I am apparently rendering to one and rendering the other but they aren't the same. I am using a resource barrier to transition to render target then back to shader resource after the rendering. I am waiting till the render is complete before rendering it. Is there a step I am missing that fixes this and why are there two objects on my object table when debugging?

Advertisement

The only thing I can think of that would look remotely like what you describe is if you've created a two-buffer Swap Chain and have got confused about which one you're supposed to be rendering to / reading from on a given frame.

VSGD capture?

I believe I found the issue I am creating more than one texture and not changing the srv to the new texture when the gui element was resized.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!