• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mih?i?? C?t?lin B?nic?

OpenGL like a PRO

This topic is 896 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
For those new to these forums, I would like to confirm that SeanMiddleditch *does* know the difference between DirectX and OpenGL regardless of his chosen MSDN link towards programming with DirectX ;)

Today, I read a lot of learnopengl.com which seems like a really nice site for learning OpenGL.

Edited by Alberth

To learn OpenGL like a PRO, you have to practice.. a lot. There is no simple answer. Go online and look for tutorials on how to draw a triangle on the screen, and then move on from there. There are a near infinite number of different ways to render things with OpenGL, and different programmers use different techniques. It's best to just experiment and learn as much as you can.

I believe by pro he meant being like one of those hackers he saw in the movies who type fast and open lots of windows that tells you that they are pro at hacking in to NORAD, where in all truth if you look at their screen closely, they are working in visual basic.

To learn OpenGL like a pro, you have to learn c++ like a dummy, than win32api like a boss, than you learn SDL 2.0 like a crying man.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!