Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Binimmy

Experience with AGS

This topic is 762 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! 

 

I am fairly new to making games and all that. I don't have much coding experience really, so when I decided that I wanted to make my first game I looked for a software that didn't require coding knowledge so I could get the fundamentals down, like drawing sprites, making a storyline and whatnot. The program I chose was Arcade Game Studio, I'm not sure how familiar any of you are with this software but I thought that this would be the best place to ask for help. I was just wondering if any of you DID have experience with this program and could help me out. I have made some sprites and such, and loaded them into the program with the appropriate nomenclature and colours, but they seem to 'clip' into one another (see pictures (the pictures also include the sprites themselves)). I'm not sure what is causing it and wondered if anyone could help with the matter.. I am aware it is quite niche though. The sprites are based of Contra; (I have no intention of selling the game). I have also tried to contact the developer but have received no response yet, and there is nothing on the website. 

 

- Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

I'm guessing it wants all the sprites to have the same width...

I'll give it a try and see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also to give an example, these sprites from Ghosts and Goblins work just fine in the program. But I can't really see a difference in the way they are laid out... 

Edited by Binimmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'Ghosts and Goblins' sprites are all 32 x 32. (png size is 448 x 64, and 448 / 14 sprites = 32)

Your 'Contra' sprites seem to vary in width. (png size is 395 x 74, and 395 / 13 sprites = 30.384615385. Try making them all 34 wide.)

Edited by Milton Waddams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!