• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
arjansingh00

DX12 DirectX 12 Engine Level Editor

This topic is 843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So lately after completing Frank Luna's DirectX 12 book I wanted to make a level editor for one of the code samples. So over at stack overflow I asked how I could implement this, (http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/124249/how-do-i-render-my-directx-c-engine-to-a-c-panel/124275#124275) and I did get an answer. Basically I wanted to start of simple by setting my render engine's HWND handle as the Windows Form and later implement other things. So I did exactly that but I have run into a few errors along the way and I have no idea what's causing them. I know this is something really broad to ask but could someone go through my code and point out where the errors are? I'm a graphics programming noob and I should be doing this myself but I just wanted some help to push me in the right direction.

the error I'm getting:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.BadImageFormatException' occurred in GUI.exe

Additional information: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwmdbcDXQMDyMm9kTzdDOU9RTk0 (my code)

Edited by arjansingh00

Advertisement

Usually a BadImageFormatException is the result of trying to load code of different bitnesses, ie loading your win forms app as 32 bit, but then trying to load the 64 bit version of directx.

You already have a thread open where you've asked this question, and someone is trying to help you. Please continue to use that thread.

This topic is 843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.