Indie Gaming Youtube Channel

Started by
2 comments, last by Michael Klaus Schmidt 7 years, 9 months ago

Hi!

So, for a little while now I've been pursuing YouTube as a bit of a hobby, but I've always been passionate about my quality and tried to make sure that that shines through when someone visits my channel. Like many of you here developing games I'm a true believer that videogames as a medium are the future of storytelling as we know it; and I chose indie games because this is the closest you can get to that raw passion. Triple A games tend to lack imagination and heart; and indie devs pour so much love in to their games that they can be a real joy to play. I love finding little gems that have cool game mechanics I haven't seen before, or the kind of adorable art work that screams "I'm an Indie game, love me!".

The problem with Indie games, though, as I'm sure you're aware, is that they can be a bit of a b**** to promote! I've got the reddit and dev-twitter game on lock, but I've always struggled to find time to connect to like-minded communities through forums, like this one, and as a result I'm missing out on making great connections and a bigger audience. I know this forum isn't my soapbox, but if you're a developer first and a gamer second, this is another way I'm trying to reach out to you. If you're a gamer first, then hopefully my channel can introduce you to some of the fantastic little gems I've had the privilege of playing.

If you'd like to visit; here is my channel - Oddly Specific

If you'd like to watch; here is my Indie playlist

And, if you'd like to get in touch, here is my email

Thanks for reading, I'm off to go check out some of the dev threads - it feels like Christmas morning!

Lewis Jackson

Oddly Specific

Advertisement

Thanks for reaching out. I have a game in development, and I should have a playable demo in a few weeks. I will email you with some specifics when it's ready. In the meantime, I will check out your channel.

Check out "Star Explorers" on Steam: Early Access
http://store.steampowered.com/app/502720/Star_Explorers/

Thanks for reaching out. I have a game in development, and I should have a playable demo in a few weeks. I will email you with some specifics when it's ready. In the meantime, I will check out your channel.

Thanks! I should forewarn you that I have some limitations due to my CPU (it's fine for running basically anything, but doesn't like to run and record) so 3D video is not always terribly viable. That said it worked like a bloody dream on Dr Langestov.. etc so who knows!

Okay, no problem. I will let you know when the demo's ready, then we'll see how it goes from there.

Check out "Star Explorers" on Steam: Early Access
http://store.steampowered.com/app/502720/Star_Explorers/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement