• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crow-knee

DX7 - Linker - multiply defined symbols

This topic is 6111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Two lines have been the bane of my existence for the last week or so - both cheerfully given by the linker... quinkin.obj : error LNK2005: "struct _GUID d3dgid" (?d3dgid@@3U_GUID@@A) already defined in 3dapp.obj Debug/Quinkin.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found d3dgid is defined as such : GUID d3dgid; If I comment out all uses of the variable except the declaration, the errors persist. The header file declarations, where the above line resides, is safely encapsulated by #ifndef ... #endif. I have tried re-installing the SDK, trying static declarations... but nothing seems to make a difference. Am I not looking in the right place? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I attempt to make the transition from 2D to 3D. Thanks. Steele.

Advertisement
maybe you have to include the file dxguid.lib into the list of
Object/Library modules of the Project settings.

Project---->Settings---->Link (and there you can include dxguid.lib into the modules line).

sorry this thing just messed up the code

#include initguid.h

with greater than and less than at either side

Not sure on HTML only C++
sorry

Neil

In the .h file you should use:

extern GUID d3dgid;

And in ONE .cpp file you need to define it w/o the extern:

GUID d3dgid;

Thanks guys! It seemed to be a bit of all of them! With a bit of shuffling about with includes, an extern declaration and rebuild, I have it working.
Ta for the help.
Steele.
Woooohoooooooooo!!!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!