• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
YoungProdigy

"Beach Party" a new latin piece.

This topic is 815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

Awesome piece! 

But you need to put a guitar part in there, it will help with driving the rhythm. Also those synth pads are unnecessary.

Mix-wise put a little less reverb and it will sound great!

Good Job!

Edited by Claude_Ruelle

Really nice track!

I like especially the brass :) As Claude said, guitars could glue the rhythm section nicely. And yeah the pads in the beginning create a feeling that you're on a holiday resort and outside the restaurant a guy is playing pop hits with synths :D

Keep on going!

Awesome piece! 

But you need to put a guitar part in there, it will help with driving the rhythm. Also those synth pads are unnecessary.

Mix-wise put a little less reverb and it will sound great!

Good Job!

I agree that a guitar would add to the piece.

Really nice track!

I like especially the brass :) As Claude said, guitars could glue the rhythm section nicely. And yeah the pads in the beginning create a feeling that you're on a holiday resort and outside the restaurant a guy is playing pop hits with synths :D

Keep on going!

I do kind of agree that the synth pads are out of place. However, the synth pads do help the harmony. Which instrument would you recommend I replace the synth pads with?

Which instrument would you recommend I replace the synth pads with?

Maybe a rhythm guitar is enough or some more percussions like marimba, steel pan or xylophone. I don't say that it's bad with the pad but could be more authentic without :)

If I played the guitars for that I'd brush like a crazy and accent the clave & syncopations all the time so I'd say it would bring out the harmony easily.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!