• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sigmaent

Compile problem

This topic is 6029 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hallo! Often when I try to compile C++ source code in to .exe files there is an error similar to "couldn''t execute cl.exe". I was wondering what do I do wrong to cause this problem? I use Visual C++ 6.0.

Advertisement
One thing that could cause this is that your program
is already running. Make sure that your program is properly
shut down before recompiling. The compiler cant overwrite
the .exe if it is running.

Or it''s just a syntax error. Happens to me lots of times when I make typematical errors.

Sand Hawk

-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

I''ve noticed that this can happen occasionally after my program dies from major trauma and I need to restart my computer to be able to compile again. That''s probably only a Win95/98/ME issue, though.

If you''re running more than one copy of DevStudio at the same time, you can probably only compile on one. I''ve never actually tested that, although I often run with two or three DevStudio''s running.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!